Are you considering plastic surgery? It’s a big decision, and we’re here to guide you through the process! Your journey starts with a consultation, where you’ll get to meet our amazing team and have all your questions answered. We want you to feel comfortable and informed, so here are some important questions you may want to ask:
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Are there treatments other than surgery that might work just as well or better for me?
- How many times have you done this procedure and what were the results?
- Can you share before and after photos or diagrams to help me understand the procedure?
- Can the desired effect be accomplished in one procedure, or do you anticipate multiple procedures?
- Will the results be permanent? If not, how long will they last?
- What are the possible complications?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect?
- How much will the procedure cost?
- What type of anesthetic will be used? How will it affect me?
- What are your qualifications, and are you board-certified in plastic surgery?
Board-certified plastic surgeons have demonstrated a high level of training and education. Certification is granted solely by the American Board of Plastic Surgery after the surgeon completes a formal residency in Plastic Surgery and passes both written and oral examinations. Continuing education programs are also required to maintain certification.
Remember that quality comes at a price. Plastic surgery is typically not covered by insurance, except in cases such as breast reconstruction. When it comes to your appearance, it’s crucial not to compromise or seek bargain-priced options. Many plastic surgeons offer financing alternatives like CareCredit or PatientFi to assist you in achieving your goals.
After your surgery, it’s important to be patient with the results. Swelling and bruising may take time to subside, and it can take weeks or even months for your body to adjust to its new shape. Your plastic surgeon will provide you with specific aftercare instructions tailored to your procedure and individual circumstances. It’s crucial to follow these directions meticulously to ensure a smooth recovery. If you have any questions before your scheduled follow-up visit, your plastic surgeon or their team will be more than willing to assist you.
To learn more about what to expect before, during, and after your surgery, schedule a consultation today or call our office at (219) 500-5766!